Single Parenting? – Abortion? – Adoption? – Marriage to the baby’s father?
When facing an unplanned pregnancy, it’s important to make an informed decision about the options available to you. You need to consider your thoughts, feelings and reactions about each of these options. Take some ‘me time’ and use the guide below to help you quietly think through your situation.
You may also wish to seek counselling from someone who is not emotionally involved. Open Doors counsellors are trained to support you both before and after you make your decision. Phone or go to our Contact Form to get in touch.
How Do I Feel about …
Step 1. Write down each of these headings across a sheet of paper – Single Parenting, Abortion, Adoption, Marriage to the baby’s father.
Step 2. Under each heading, write down your responses to the questions below.
Step 3. Compare your responses.
Questions to Consider –
– How am I feeling right now about each option?
– What is my greatest fear about each option?
– What are, or might be, the responses of:
- the baby’s father to each option?
- my parents?
- my older children?
- my friends?
- my employer?
- my school?
– What are my supports in each case?
– How do I feel about each option?
– How might I cope with each choice:
– What might be the practical aspects of each decision:
- future goals?
– How do you think you may feel about each choice in the future?
– What is good about being pregnant?
– What is not good about being pregnant?
Need to talk?
OPEN DOORS COUNSELLING
5 Greenwood Ave Ringwood. 3134
Ph: (03) 9870 7044
Freecall outside Melbourne 1800 647 995
or use our Contact Form to request an appointment or a call back, or to ask a question.
On the Contact Form tell us your phone number (Australia only), the best day and time for us to call you, and let us know if it’s ok to leave a message should you not be able to answer the phone. A counsellor will call by the next business day during Centre opening hours (Mon: 9.30-8.00pm; Tues, Wed, Thur: 9.30-3.00pm. Closed public holidays.) You can also request an appointment for face to face counselling or just ask a question.